1. What is your role at Indigo?
I am a volunteer coordinator for the development team at Indigo. I help volunteers find their dream projects by matching and connecting them with local initiatives and volunteer programmes around the world.
2. Tell us a bit more about you
I am Irish but spent most of my childhood in Belgium. I lived in Colombia for 2 and a half years working for the Ministry of Education’s English Teaching Volunteer Programme. I recently graduated from the University of Amsterdam with a masters degree in International Development
3. What inspired you to be part of Team Indigo?
Having been a volunteer and worked for local development initiatives throughout my career, I was especially keen to get involved with Indigo Volunteers because they are an ethical organisation that provide fee-free support for both volunteers and humanitarian projects – I believe that this is an important factor for any organisation wanting to make a real difference in the volunteer for the development sector
4. Tell us an important fact about you!
I need to exercise daily and speak French and Spanish fluently!
5. What do you enjoy doing when you are not working
Eating my mom’s delicious meals, traveling, exercising, hanging out with my friends, walking my dogs.
6. What is one of your bad habits?
I sing the same line of a song for weeks on end and drive my friends and family crazy. The latest one being Shallow by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper ( It’s just SO good!)
“Development consists of the removal of various types of unfreedoms that leave people with little choice and little opportunity of exercising their reasoned agency. The removal of substantial unfreedoms, it is argued here, is constitutive of development.” ― Amartya Sen, Development as Freedom
8. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
9. If you had 5 minutes in a room with Donald Trump, Theresa May, Boris Johnson what would you do or say
Find another job!
10. After taking the archetype test, what were your top archetypes?
Athlete, Explorer, Advocate