1. What is your role at Indigo?
I am a volunteer coordinator for Indigo and my role is to manage all elements of volunteering on behalf of the organisation for which I am recruiting volunteers.
2. Tell us a bit more about you
I am originally Irish but I was born and raised in Brussels, Belgium. My background is in law and I work for a legal publisher here in Brussels. I come from a big family(youngest of four) so I am happiest when surrounded by a gang of chattering people and I love socialising and meeting new people. I am also mad about animals, hence my childhood dream of being a vet and opening my own animal shelter!
3. What inspired you to be part of Team Indigo
I was really inspired to help and get involved with Indigo during the refugee crisis. I was really saddened by the treatment and coverage of the refugee crisis, and I wanted to help in some way. I heard about Indigo through a friend and once I got in touch, I knew this was the organisation I wanted to be involved with.
4. Tell us an important fact about you!
I am fluent in French!
5. What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
When I am not working, I love spending time with friends and exploring my local area. I am a coffee addict so my free time always heavily features coffee in one form or another!
6. What is one of your bad habits?
I have a tendency to try to finish people’s sentences which, according to my family, is pretty annoying!
You are not a drop in the ocean, you are the entire ocean in a drop ~ Rumi
8. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
A vet because I love animals!
9. If you had 5 minutes in a room with Donald Trump, Theresa May, Boris Johnson what would you do or say?
Life is not a reality TV show, so stop trying to win people over and just do your job. Also, maybe try to speak to someone with an opinion that is different to yours every once in a while and see if you learn anything.
10. After taking the archetype test, what were your top archetypes?
Caregiver, Visionary and Intellectual.