Indigo Volunteers HQ is made up of a host of highly skilled and passionate volunteers who dedicate a few hours of their time per week to help push the charity forward and reach more potential volunteers and projects around the world. We are a fun, courageous and experienced team and are now looking for a a number of skilled blog writers to join the family.
If you have a passion for writing and have some ideas that would make great content for Indigo Volunteers then we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us for any further details: [email protected]
Role Title: Blog Writing
Location: Remote Working / Working from home
Reporting to: Head of Marketing
Hours: 4 – 6 hours a month
Duration: Minimum 6 months
Benefits: Being part of a wonderful team and helping a small charity to raise awareness
Note: This is a volunteer role only
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of the role is to write, edit, post, and promote blogs on different topics in the humanitarian and international development sector. You will be promoting these blogs on the Indigo websites and various other media platforms.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
We are looking for an enthusiastic writer to generate engaging, original content for Indigo Volunteers. Our purpose is to create a cultural shift in volunteering and help people understand the importance of volunteer coordination in a crisis and international development setting.
We need somebody who can research topics and develop interesting posts that will appeal to our target audience and promote the blog using social media. The topics will be guided by your research, relevant current affairs and the Indigo Team.
You will be developing this role at Indigo Volunteers and therefore can develop it however you’d like to!
– Working closely with social media team to push blogs out
– Researching the sector including reading relevant blogs or publications.
– Staying up to date with writing that is being produced in international development and refugee crisis field.
– Select subject matter based on personal, relevant public interest or Indigo preference.
– To be confident in writing blogs and articles .
– To be able to have a good understanding of Indigo Volunteers, and know when to ask for more information.
– To have an excellent understanding of the projects Indigo Volunteers supports and able to write about them confidently.
– Proactive .
– Determination, resilience and enthusiasm.
– Excellent writing skills in English.
– Able to manage workload and task relatively independently (although you will be supported by the Indigo team where needed)
– Creative and beautiful imagination 🙂
– To be able to write a 2-4 blogs a month.
– Send weekly or monthly blogs to Head of Marketing
– To establish a good platform for Indigo blogs to be heard and shared.
– As above and further goals as discussed with Head of Marketing
Please contact us for any further details: [email protected].