1. What is your role at Indigo?
I’m very pleased to have joined the Indigo Board of Trustees. I have previously volunteered through Indigo and hope to again in the near future.
2. Tell us a bit more about you
Before participating in Love Island 2017, I worked in landmine clearance in a number of countries, including Cambodia, Zimbabwe and Afghanistan.
3. What inspired you to be part of Team Indigo?
I’m lucky enough to have known Holly since university. When I saw she had set up Indigo it seemed such a brilliant concept and I’ve followed their work ever since. Having volunteered with Indigo in Greece, I’ve seen the very real difference they make to people’s lives – both volunteers and beneficiaries of their work alike.
4. Tell us an important fact about you!
I hold an IMAS Level 3 Explosive Ordnance Disposal qualification
5. What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
Relaxing on the sofa with Jamie Jewitt, a takeaway and our two puppies!
6. What is one of your bad habits?
7. Favourite quote/poem/song
Quote – Maya Angelou
‘Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet.’
Poem – The final verse of Robert Frost’s Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
‘The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep.’
8. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
Genuinely, I was never really sure. I knew I wanted to be active, and to work in a profession that would give me the opportunity to help people. I’m very results-orientated so I really wanted to see tangible benefits and know I was making a difference.
9. If you had 5 minutes in a room with Donald Trump, Theresa May, Boris Johnson what would you do or say?
I would ask for their Twitter account passwords and then shut them all down.
10. After taking the archetype test, what were your top archetypes?
Advocate, caregiver, intellectual