Indigo Volunteers HQ is made up of a host of highly skilled and passionate volunteers who dedicate a few hours of their time per week to help push the charity forward and reach more potential volunteers and projects around the world. We are a fun, courageous and experienced team and are now looking for a Social Media Executive to join the family. If you have experience in social media, and are available to volunteer up to 6 hours of your time per week then please read the below and contact us for any further details: [email protected]
Role Title: Social Media Executive
Location: Remote Working / Working from home
Reporting to: Head of Social Media
Hours: 6 hours per week
Duration: Minimum 6 months
Benefits: Being part of a wonderful team and helping a small charity increase their profile
Note: This is a volunteer role only
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Planning and creating social media content to increase awareness and engagement with Indigo to ultimately increase volunteer applications and donations.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
You will perform tasks like creating artwork and work with the team to generate engaging content across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Linkedin. You will also identify gaps & needs, feedback ideas for improvement, report analytics, and plan workload accordingly.
- Working with Indigo’s Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin &, Instagram accounts.
- Contribute ideas for weekly social media posts.
- Use Airtable to help create a regular publishing schedule.
- Create social media campaigns to drive volunteer recruitment and donations.
- Interact with different organisations and people in order to drive awareness to Indigo and its Social Media handles.
- Get involved in current conversations by interacting with charities and individuals, sharing posts where appropriate. Liking and commenting on posts across all platforms.
- Manage Facebook messenger and Instagram direct inbox
- Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content.
- Liaise with other team members to gather current content from projects
- Become an advocate for Indigo in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Responsible for filling in the monthly social media reports and write overview for Indigo’s monthly report
- Manage own time remotely
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Knows how to use Photoshop, or learning to use.
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Passionate about volunteering!
- Report to Head of Social Media weekly
- Monthly Social Media Report
- Content added to socials as required by team
- Plan social media posts 1 week in advance
- Increase Indigo social media profile and followers – see goals
- Increase volunteer applications – see goals
- Increase engagement with audience across our channels year on year – target to be set with line manager
Creating a cultural shift in volunteering
To make a difference to the lives of others in need by acting as an intermediary source which provides fee-free support for both volunteers and humanitarian projects. This in turn helps projects to flourish and deliver real impact to the communities they serve.
- Inspire and help more people to volunteer around the world
- Support projects with their volunteer needs
- Make volunteering more accessible by providing easy-to-access information and removing barriers such as big fees
- Match the right volunteers to the right volunteering opportunities so that projects can meet and exceed their goals
- Provide complete support for those on their volunteering journey
To revolutionise the voluntary sector so that all volunteering opportunities are easy to access, ethical, effective and efficient.
Purpose, equality & courage
- Live with purpose
- Strive for equality
- Be courageous